Green blue deal
EcoPeace Annual Conference
Green Blue Deal: More Urgent Than Ever
23-25 October 2023 – Amman, Jordan
Three years ago EcoPeace released a call for a Green Blue Deal for the Middle East, laying out practical pillars for collective climate resilience. Our Annual Conference will be an opportunity to take stock of the significant progress to date and also to look towards the next phase, as we seek to build synergies with our wider neighbourhood – Europe, the Mediterranean, and the broader Middle East – while making sense of a more fractured, multi-polar world roiled by shocks to food and energy systems.
It is now clearer than ever: the Middle East faces climate security risks that could radiate far and wide, as well as climate opportunities with benefits to global energy resilience, peace, and security. In these turbulent times in our region, this unique conference will convene decision-makers and thought-leaders from Israel, Palestine and Jordan, and friends from the international community, around a shared vision for the future.
Among the international Speakers
- Jean-Christophe Carret, World Bank Country Director for the Middle East Department
- Elizabeth Sellwood, Chief, Environmental Security Unit, UNEP
- Grammenos Mastrojeni, Energy and Climate Action – Senior Deputy Secretary General, Union for the Mediterranean
- Dr. Annette Huber-Lee, Senior Scientist and Water-Energy-Food Nexus Leader, Stockholm
- John Matthews, Executive Director, Alliance for Global Water Adaptation AGWA
- Gianni Chianetta, CEO Global Solar Council
- Luca Bergamaschi, CEO, ECCO, the Italian Climate Think Tank
- Jake Levine, Chief Climate Officer at US International Development Finance Corporation
- Oksan Bayulgen, Department Head and Professor of Political Science, University of Connecticut