Salary Survey Consultancy
Terms or Reference
Background: EcoPeace Middle East is an extraordinary environmental peacebuilding organization of Israelis, Palestinians, and Jordanians. Its mission is to advance sustainable regional development and the conditions for peace by promoting collaboration around shared environmental challenges, especially the need for water. EcoPeace has offices in Ramallah, Amman and Tel Aviv where some 60 paid staff members are employed, all with deep ties in the communities in which they work. EcoPeace’s strong presence on each side of the border enables it foster awareness and advocate for policy changes and practical solutions in a way that cannot be accomplished from any one country alone, and use a successful
collaborative, cross-border approach that combines bottom-up community-based action and education with top-down research and advocacy.
Summary of Consultancy: In an effort to review and refresh current staff salaries and benefits
organization-wide, and in order to have market compensation data available for future new hires, EcoPeace Middle East is seeking to contract a reputable firm with market access and proven prior experience to conduct a regional salary survey and cost of living differentials covering Tel Aviv, Israel, Ramallah, Palestine, and Amman, Jordan, where the three offices of the organization are located. The survey should analyze and report on the following in each respective country:
- Comparison of salaries and benefits among similar, regional/international (where applicable) non-profit
- Comparison of salaries and benefits among private sector companies.
- Report on the cost of living index differential among the above-referenced cities.
Before embarking on this survey, service provider is expected to familiarize themselves with EcoPeace staffing structure, position titles, and grades in order to be able to draw like-comparison against other organizations. Deliverables: Service provider is expected to deliver a comprehensive report encompassing the following for each respective country:
- Minimum and maximum gross pay by position grade (assistant, officer, manager, etc.), broken down by years of seniority (5 years and under, 5 to 10 years, and 10 years and above).
- Summary of legally mandated minimum wages and employee benefits.
- Summary of additional benefits provided (e.g. provident fund, allowances, end of service, etc.)
- Summary of annual merit increase policies and average increase percentages.
- Cost of living index per city as a percentage of the other two
Duration of Consultancy: This consultancy shall be conducted within a maximum time frame of two months from the date of contract signature.
Applications: Interested service providers are encouraged to submit an electronic proposal consisting of the following by e-mail at email@example.com
- Introduction highlighting any prior experience(s) conducting such or similar surveys.
- Proof of market presence in Jordan, Palestine, and Israel.
- Proposed methodology.
- Financial offer in USD inclusive of any applicable taxes.
- Deadline for submission is July 23, 2020
Israeli Government Relations & Hebrew Language Media Officer
EcoPeace Middle East is a unique Israeli-Jordanian-Palestinian organization that advances cooperative efforts to protect our shared environment and create the conditions for sustainable development and peace in our region (see this video). An award-winning trailblazer in the field of environmental peacebuilding, EcoPeace has some 50 staff members in three offices in Tel Aviv, Amman and Ramallah.
Our Tel Aviv office is currently recruiting an Israeli Government Relations & Hebrew Language Media Officer.
You can download a copy of this job description here.
SUMMARY OF PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of and in daily coordination with the Israeli Director, the officer will take a pro-active leadership role to advance the organization’s objectives by creating positive working relations with relevant Israeli decision makers, at government, Knesset and municipal levels, and through Israeli media and opinion makers, seeking to positively influence Israeli public opinion.
- Strategize, develop and implement national campaigns in Israel, including stakeholder analysis and fully developed action plans involving the use of different media and education tools
- With counterparts in the Ramallah and Amman offices, coordinate bi-national, trilateral and international education campaigns and high-level participation at events
- Design and implement measurable strategies to elevate EcoPeace’s visibility and brand in Israeli society and media and stimulate a broadened perspective on regional water and sanitation issues
- Lead work with Israeli media; coordinating interviews and media tours, creating new networks and relationships for the organization; and contribute to Israeli social media strategy, as needed
- Contribute to writing and editing of op-eds, articles, press-statements, concept notes and publications, reports and proposals, as needed
- Represent EcoPeace in national forums, Knesset comProvide support and advice to colleagues on issues relevant to Israeli government relations, Israeli media and public relations, foster consistent messaging and quality presentations.ittees and relevant planning bodies
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Degree in government, economics, law or public policy is required. Additional background in an environmental related field is an advantage
- A deep understanding of Israeli society, Middle East politics and peace process issues
- Actual advocacy experience is required, including writing policy papers and media releases, grassroots mobilization, national advocacy, Knesset work
- Exceptional inter-personal skills and networking abilities is a requirement, including great communication and collaboration skills and cultural sensitivity. Experience working in a multi-cultural, cross-border framework is an advantage
- High level of organizational and multi-tasking skills is required, as well as an eye for detail, a commitment to excellence and a creative and “can do” attitude
- Can demonstrate through actions undertaken a deep commitment to environmental protection and peace building
- Minimum two years experience in a similar position required
- Fluent written and spoken Hebrew and excellent English. Arabic is an advantage.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines, willing to work unconventional hours if needed
Applications: Please send your CV and cover letter (relating to your motivation for the position and your relevant background qualifications) to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the name of the position.