March 2nd, 2011 – Jericho InterContinental Hotel
First Palestinian Symposium on Water Rights and Access to the Jordan River and Development Needs in the Jordan Valley
EcoPeace held this symposium highlighting the importance of a healthy, clean and rehabilitated Lower Jordan River for the development of the Palestinian economy
This important event built upon the on-going work of EcoPeace to foster political will, public support and concrete action towards the rehabilitation of the Lower Jordan River, preserving the unique ecological heritage of this historic river, and securing Palestinian water rights within the river basin.
The conference was followed by a field trip on 3rd of March for a select group of participants, to visit sites of historical and environmental importance in the Jericho area.
- Read more about the conference on our blog post
- Click here for a SUMMARYof the conference
- Click here for the Agenda in English
- Click here for the Agenda in Arabic
- Click here for the publication released at the conferece Economic Benefits of Access to a Healthy Lower Jordan River for the Palestinian Economy
- Click here for the presentation given on the Economic Benefits of Access to a Healthy Lower Jordan River for the Palestinian Economy
- Click here for a presentation given on Jericho’s Water Supply
- Click here for the presentation given on the Environmental Flows Study of the River Jordan